Skip to main content

Tour de Forts

Before school let out last week, I made a playlist on my Spotify account devoted to summer tunes. I would play it during my planning time, while grading papers, and finishing up my yearly duties.

 We started "summer" off with a fun bike ride excursion called the Tour de Forts in Pt. Townsend on my birthday. They have different lengths you can choose to ride, but we opted for the 16 mile ride. The ride took us along the Larry Scott Trail, which will eventually meet up with the Olympic Discovery Trail  and be a complete bike riding path/trail that will span 130 miles from Pt. Townsend to the West End: La Push.  It was incredible and awesome.

The prize at the end was some ice cream and hard cider. Finn River is an amazing cidery, named after one of my former students, and they have completely redone the tasting area and farm tour. It is entirely family friendly now. I can't wait to go back some time this summer and sit out on their patio while enjoying some live music and a few drinks.

Water Break 

Grazing horses along our ride

Taste Tester of all the Ice Cream 


Later when we visited Pt. Gamble 

Rock wall reminding me of Ireland. 

Tree climber. 

Tunnel Vision

Wanting to be with sis

Stopped for a break along the trail. 
 


Comments

  1. Such a beautiful area. Looks as though everyone had a good time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For the future's not ours to see...

There is so much going on in our world today that is negative. I get irritated with watching the news and seeing such drama the media portrays. I never really paid that much attention to it until I had Madelynne and then everything changed about my perception of the world. It is scary, out there, when all you want to do is shelter and protect your little one. Maybe I am coming to the terms with growing older and realizing that life on this great planet is limited and to make the most of it. Being a SAH mom has really caused me to think and reflect on so many different things. It hasn’t always been sweet, happy thoughts, either. I know a few weeks ago I was really concerned for the end of the world and for my daughter and future generations that have to endure such drastic changes that will continue to occur over time. I find myself getting caught up with questions about my faith and my journey as a Christian and feeling lost and not knowing who to turn to or talk to about such conflict...

The Beginning of a Journey

I have officially decided to start this blog as it will force me to write regularly, and continue to brainstorm ideas for the summer writing adventure I intend to evoke upon. Besides, my goal was to be a “best-selling author by the time I am 30”, and, well, 30 is here.  Now it’s time to take my writing more seriously. It’s one of those things that I wake up thinking about, in the middle of the day I dream about, and in the evenings, continue to ponder. I blame my lack of writing on writer’s block, which is a lame excuse for any writer out there, but honestly, I think I’m trying too hard to create the best seller and not just write. What I do know is it’s been my dream since junior high and I am not giving up on it. Even if it takes me the next year to polish, rewrite, revise, and be rejected, I intend to make this dream a reality. But I have decided to take two things to heart in regards to my writing. My cousin, Beth, commented once I got my first teaching job in Florida, to “pr...

Just B

In teaching poetry and preparing my kiddos this week for their poetry presentations, we watched a few spoken word poets via pre-selected versions on YouTube. One video that stood out the most was from the 2012 TED talks from spoken word poet, Sarah Kay. The poem is a perfect depiction of having a child and advice that a mother wants to carry on to her daughter...If you have an opportunity, I'd check it out on YouTube and just watch the "If I should have a daughter" or the title of the poem is "B". Sifting through the poem, I extracted a few of my favorite quotes and a few recent pictures of Madelynne to accompany them. Enjoy.  "...Because there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away" (Sarah Kay, TED Talks, 2012).  “...Remember, your Mama is a worrier, and your Papa is a warrior, and you are the girl with small hands and big eyes who never stops asking f...