Skip to main content

"And it feels like summer..."

Now we're into the thick of it and things are rolling right along. We've had a mini heat wave (it was 86 this afternoon) and have enjoyed blue skies and summer sunshine. This gave Maddy and I the perfect opportunity to test out the pool (much warmer today than yesterday, for sure!), go on lengthy bike rides to the park for their free summer lunches, join friends at the Dungeness, pick strawberries at  Graysmarsh Farms, explore new beaches, and get signed up at the local library for their summer reading program. Jaxson had to deal with a dumb virus that basically had him down for a few days of nothing but Mr. Cuddles and Fever Breaker. But otherwise, here we are! This will probably be the last post until August, when we get back from our annual trip to visit Grandma and Grandpa. Looking forward to seeing them in a few short weeks. Here's some highlights of summer so far.

He ate more of the strawberries than picked them. 

She always finds the best ones. 

How we spent a lot of time Thursday and Friday, since he was battling a bug. 

Practicing her floating in the pool. 

Love the light from the stairwell. 

Beach exploring at sunset. 

Begging on his tip toes. 

Cruisin' around the house on his motorbike. 

I bought a bubble machine. Best $30 of my life. :)




Babies make squatting look so dang easy. 

Used to be sis's, so she opted to show him how to ride it.

Look at me! I'm walking now!

Look on his face says it all. 

New, secluded beach we found. 

How he rolls in the tula. 

Black and white gorgeous light. 

Because having a sister means stickers on the face. 

Nap time. 




Walking!

Desperate to be outside with the big kids. 

Brushing teeth: reality of our everyday. 

Bubble machine fun

She was excited that mom let her make a huge mess. 

Her cherry juice face. 


Cherry mess and missing tooth smile. 

Exploring our secluded beach. 

Watching the sunset near the spit. 


Crusing around the kitchen next. 


Ice cream sandwich and "pretend I'm a holding a drink" she says. 

Ripples

Helping brother. 

Giving loves

Flocki in the tunnel 

Teaser

Floki in the tunnel #2

Whale slippers from Goodwill. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the future's not ours to see...

There is so much going on in our world today that is negative. I get irritated with watching the news and seeing such drama the media portrays. I never really paid that much attention to it until I had Madelynne and then everything changed about my perception of the world. It is scary, out there, when all you want to do is shelter and protect your little one. Maybe I am coming to the terms with growing older and realizing that life on this great planet is limited and to make the most of it. Being a SAH mom has really caused me to think and reflect on so many different things. It hasn’t always been sweet, happy thoughts, either. I know a few weeks ago I was really concerned for the end of the world and for my daughter and future generations that have to endure such drastic changes that will continue to occur over time. I find myself getting caught up with questions about my faith and my journey as a Christian and feeling lost and not knowing who to turn to or talk to about such conflict...

The Beginning of a Journey

I have officially decided to start this blog as it will force me to write regularly, and continue to brainstorm ideas for the summer writing adventure I intend to evoke upon. Besides, my goal was to be a “best-selling author by the time I am 30”, and, well, 30 is here.  Now it’s time to take my writing more seriously. It’s one of those things that I wake up thinking about, in the middle of the day I dream about, and in the evenings, continue to ponder. I blame my lack of writing on writer’s block, which is a lame excuse for any writer out there, but honestly, I think I’m trying too hard to create the best seller and not just write. What I do know is it’s been my dream since junior high and I am not giving up on it. Even if it takes me the next year to polish, rewrite, revise, and be rejected, I intend to make this dream a reality. But I have decided to take two things to heart in regards to my writing. My cousin, Beth, commented once I got my first teaching job in Florida, to “pr...

Spring Break

Adventures always begin in the airport. I have pics of Madelynne enjoying trips and airport discoveries at Jax's age, so my focus this round to Indianapolis to visit Grandma Sue was on Jax's momentous milestone: his last "Free" ride as the lap child.  The waiting game consists of:  Being on our devices while we waste time.  Or checking out the planes parked at the terminals.  Or looking at the planes through spy holes in the seats.  Watching the workers load and unload the plane.   And flying consists of entertainment, sleep, and a few minor meltdowns: Watching Coco Holding my hand at take off.  We got to Indy the day before Easter and Grandma Sue, Aunt Kristie, and cousin Hollie had the eggs and dye ready to be decorated by the kids. Jax wasn't that interested, but Madelynne and Hollie had a blast. Getting ready to dunk hers.  Watching Aunt Kristie prep the cups with dye and vinegar.  ...