Skip to main content

March was Madness

I think old cliches like "It was in like a Lion and out like a Lamb" or "Complete Madness" or "Time Goes too Fast---Don't blink, or you'll miss it" are all particularly true in our case. I swear we woke up and realized there was 9 weeks left of the school year. That Madelynne is half way to six and Jaxson turns one in a week. I love when time goes slow enough for me to enjoy and savor each moment, but then I blink and those moments are gone before I can get them back again. Hard to believe how much has happened, and has yet to happen, in this journey of ours.

Work is keeping us both busy. I have also been part of a beautiful photography collaborative, which you can view here: The Art of the Ordinary Day. It's updated monthly, so please be sure to view the other talented photographers, as well.

Here are some highlights from the madness since the last post.

Jax has been a standing fool and will spend hours at the mini kitchen set, dropping and picking up toys as he pleases. 


He loves when we play with him, building towers to knock right back down. 

He avoids real crawling, because he can army crawl (crossing his legs and pulling himself around) rather seamlessly. 

Army crawling toward the back French doors. 

He started pulling himself up on everything. 

Those curly cue toes

He loves walking with help of me or Papa, and even Maddy. 

It wasn't too long he figured out how to pull himself up in his crib. 






Pulling up in process

Not always easy---sometimes it's hard work. 

And everything is coming off the shelves now. 




Had to capture the toe action. 


And eating---this boy loves to eat. 

He loves that the chair is just perfect for him. 



He needs to the sippy cup in one hand and snack in the other.
One of our highlights was hosting a visiting teacher from China, Peter.


 We learned much from his visit. He was visiting our schools and observing our classrooms, along with 11 other teachers from China. He stayed with us and we became quick friends over the course of his visit. Maddy loved having him around because he was able to help hold the jump rope so she could practice her skills.





He loved the ocean, as much as we do. 
 Driftwood Texture
Checking out the tallest Cedar tr

Reading  a new book from my favorite photographer, Kate T. Parker, Strong is the New Pretty. She loved that the girls were her age and could do just about anything they set their minds to. Such a great read. 


Cuddling with her brother. I find her in his crib in the mornings sometimes, cuddled up with him. 

Lazy Sunday mornings coloring before getting ready for church. 

Their secret sibling bond. 



Of course, Maddy had to have a sleepover with her best buddy, Piper, so I got some pics of the two of them together. She says "She's like my sister." They have a great friendship I hope lasts for many years to come. 



With the help of Brad, they made their own pizzas. 

Ate some dough. 

Watched Pete's Dragon while I cried on the couch (every time---the new one is so good). 

That sums up our month. I'm on spring break right now, and definitely looking forward to enjoying some down time to get some stuff done around the house. I'm painting our family room Rockies colors and redecorating it a bit. I can't wait to see how it comes out. Otherwise, just waiting for the sun to start shining a bit more and warm up some. Grandma Sue will be here next week to visit in celebration of Jax turning one and, of course, for Easter. Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the future's not ours to see...

There is so much going on in our world today that is negative. I get irritated with watching the news and seeing such drama the media portrays. I never really paid that much attention to it until I had Madelynne and then everything changed about my perception of the world. It is scary, out there, when all you want to do is shelter and protect your little one. Maybe I am coming to the terms with growing older and realizing that life on this great planet is limited and to make the most of it. Being a SAH mom has really caused me to think and reflect on so many different things. It hasn’t always been sweet, happy thoughts, either. I know a few weeks ago I was really concerned for the end of the world and for my daughter and future generations that have to endure such drastic changes that will continue to occur over time. I find myself getting caught up with questions about my faith and my journey as a Christian and feeling lost and not knowing who to turn to or talk to about such conflict

Just B

In teaching poetry and preparing my kiddos this week for their poetry presentations, we watched a few spoken word poets via pre-selected versions on YouTube. One video that stood out the most was from the 2012 TED talks from spoken word poet, Sarah Kay. The poem is a perfect depiction of having a child and advice that a mother wants to carry on to her daughter...If you have an opportunity, I'd check it out on YouTube and just watch the "If I should have a daughter" or the title of the poem is "B". Sifting through the poem, I extracted a few of my favorite quotes and a few recent pictures of Madelynne to accompany them. Enjoy.  "...Because there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away" (Sarah Kay, TED Talks, 2012).  “...Remember, your Mama is a worrier, and your Papa is a warrior, and you are the girl with small hands and big eyes who never stops asking f

Final Summer Adventure: Iceland 2019

Instagram definitely has a way of enticing the hungriest of the wanderers to explore the various bucket list places. Iceland has been one of those for me since I watched an enticing video from a friend and was immediately set on going there. When, how, and what we would do was all under speculation, but once I set it on my vision/prayer board and started planning, the dream became a reality and here we are, in 2019, recapping a family adventure that was well worth the expense. A few notes about our trip before I take you on a picturesque journey of some of our favorite stops. If you’re planning your own Icelandic adventure, do note that gas is not cheap. It is the one thing that put us over budget, and something we didn’t plan enough for. So while cheap flights look appealing, do your research! Food is also equally expensive, however, we did budget for that! We even had a bag left over at the end of our trip, which we happily donated to the Kuku Campers reuse shelf.  Being