Skip to main content

2nd Birthday Party


Some people will say you don't have to throw a 2-year-old a birthday party. However, we love a good celebration and an opportunity to invite friends to just hang out is always an excuse! Jaxson celebrated his 2nd birthday on the 10th, but we threw him a little party on the 14th. It was a Little Blue Truck theme, which is one of his favorite books at the moment. We enjoyed the company and his friends who joined us in the fun! Can't believe this little dude is 2!
There are 5 Little Blue Truck Books total, just FYI! 
His little banner
Sweet gift bags of thanks for guests
The awesome cake: Thanks, Pinterest!
His "Blowing out the candles" face. 

Indulging in his cake and ice cream

Pin the Party Hat on Blue

Coloring Station

Enjoying the best part of the party!



Trying to find the best pin up spot. 








Cake time!

Opening gifts

Lots of movement, but the focus is on him. :)

Pinning up his Party Hat. 

Play room chaos and fun with friends. 

I think they were able to see through the scarf...

Super excited about the Frozen crayon she found. 

Viktor tuckered out after the party. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the future's not ours to see...

There is so much going on in our world today that is negative. I get irritated with watching the news and seeing such drama the media portrays. I never really paid that much attention to it until I had Madelynne and then everything changed about my perception of the world. It is scary, out there, when all you want to do is shelter and protect your little one. Maybe I am coming to the terms with growing older and realizing that life on this great planet is limited and to make the most of it. Being a SAH mom has really caused me to think and reflect on so many different things. It hasn’t always been sweet, happy thoughts, either. I know a few weeks ago I was really concerned for the end of the world and for my daughter and future generations that have to endure such drastic changes that will continue to occur over time. I find myself getting caught up with questions about my faith and my journey as a Christian and feeling lost and not knowing who to turn to or talk to about such conflict

Final Summer Adventure: Iceland 2019

Instagram definitely has a way of enticing the hungriest of the wanderers to explore the various bucket list places. Iceland has been one of those for me since I watched an enticing video from a friend and was immediately set on going there. When, how, and what we would do was all under speculation, but once I set it on my vision/prayer board and started planning, the dream became a reality and here we are, in 2019, recapping a family adventure that was well worth the expense. A few notes about our trip before I take you on a picturesque journey of some of our favorite stops. If you’re planning your own Icelandic adventure, do note that gas is not cheap. It is the one thing that put us over budget, and something we didn’t plan enough for. So while cheap flights look appealing, do your research! Food is also equally expensive, however, we did budget for that! We even had a bag left over at the end of our trip, which we happily donated to the Kuku Campers reuse shelf.  Being

Just B

In teaching poetry and preparing my kiddos this week for their poetry presentations, we watched a few spoken word poets via pre-selected versions on YouTube. One video that stood out the most was from the 2012 TED talks from spoken word poet, Sarah Kay. The poem is a perfect depiction of having a child and advice that a mother wants to carry on to her daughter...If you have an opportunity, I'd check it out on YouTube and just watch the "If I should have a daughter" or the title of the poem is "B". Sifting through the poem, I extracted a few of my favorite quotes and a few recent pictures of Madelynne to accompany them. Enjoy.  "...Because there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away" (Sarah Kay, TED Talks, 2012).  “...Remember, your Mama is a worrier, and your Papa is a warrior, and you are the girl with small hands and big eyes who never stops asking f