Skip to main content

Last Days of Summer

Summer has sadly slipped away, considering the temperatures are starting to drop, the leaves are beginning to change, and the start of fall is just around the corner. We made the best of one of our last days by visiting beautiful Second Beach in La Push. It never gets old to day trip to the ocean.

Running on the beach

Caught in the tide

Playing with motion




Endless Energy

Of course, I tended to play a bit with some of my camera, enjoying the last of it all. 

Garden spider feasting on a fly


Water droplets

As sad as we were to watch summer slip away, especially when I drove Maddy to school for the first day, God reminded me how awesome of a place we live in and how beautiful our Mother Earth is. After I dropped her off and was enjoying my last day with Jaxson before I headed back to work the next day, I drove to the Ediz Hook and was lucky to watch a pod of  orcas feast on salmon in our harbor for well over four hours. It was incredible. We typically do not see orcas in the harbor. They were beautiful. I was kicking myself, however, for not having my zoom lens with me. Here are the shots I was able to capture of these majestic creatures. 

This is in the Strait of Juan De Fuca and I saw a large dorsal fin as I was driving the Hook. I can't express how excited I was! 





After researching a bit more, these guys are some of the resident orcas. Resident Orcas feed on fish while Biggs or Transients eat mammals. Pretty cool!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the future's not ours to see...

There is so much going on in our world today that is negative. I get irritated with watching the news and seeing such drama the media portrays. I never really paid that much attention to it until I had Madelynne and then everything changed about my perception of the world. It is scary, out there, when all you want to do is shelter and protect your little one. Maybe I am coming to the terms with growing older and realizing that life on this great planet is limited and to make the most of it. Being a SAH mom has really caused me to think and reflect on so many different things. It hasn’t always been sweet, happy thoughts, either. I know a few weeks ago I was really concerned for the end of the world and for my daughter and future generations that have to endure such drastic changes that will continue to occur over time. I find myself getting caught up with questions about my faith and my journey as a Christian and feeling lost and not knowing who to turn to or talk to about such conflict...

The Beginning of a Journey

I have officially decided to start this blog as it will force me to write regularly, and continue to brainstorm ideas for the summer writing adventure I intend to evoke upon. Besides, my goal was to be a “best-selling author by the time I am 30”, and, well, 30 is here.  Now it’s time to take my writing more seriously. It’s one of those things that I wake up thinking about, in the middle of the day I dream about, and in the evenings, continue to ponder. I blame my lack of writing on writer’s block, which is a lame excuse for any writer out there, but honestly, I think I’m trying too hard to create the best seller and not just write. What I do know is it’s been my dream since junior high and I am not giving up on it. Even if it takes me the next year to polish, rewrite, revise, and be rejected, I intend to make this dream a reality. But I have decided to take two things to heart in regards to my writing. My cousin, Beth, commented once I got my first teaching job in Florida, to “pr...

Spring Break

Adventures always begin in the airport. I have pics of Madelynne enjoying trips and airport discoveries at Jax's age, so my focus this round to Indianapolis to visit Grandma Sue was on Jax's momentous milestone: his last "Free" ride as the lap child.  The waiting game consists of:  Being on our devices while we waste time.  Or checking out the planes parked at the terminals.  Or looking at the planes through spy holes in the seats.  Watching the workers load and unload the plane.   And flying consists of entertainment, sleep, and a few minor meltdowns: Watching Coco Holding my hand at take off.  We got to Indy the day before Easter and Grandma Sue, Aunt Kristie, and cousin Hollie had the eggs and dye ready to be decorated by the kids. Jax wasn't that interested, but Madelynne and Hollie had a blast. Getting ready to dunk hers.  Watching Aunt Kristie prep the cups with dye and vinegar.  ...