Skip to main content

Finally not M.I.A.

I didn't realize how long it has been since I last posted....since our trip to Oregon in April! I must say that time has definitely gotten the best of us. We've had a few ups and downs, as of late, and have been pretty busy, but now that it is summer, *hopefully* things will simmer down a bit.

As for our ups and downs, well, we attempted to buy a house a few months ago. We actually qualified for a great loan and didn't think we would get it because we recently foreclosed on our home in Wyoming. We had our hopes high, thought it was in the bag, when the underwriter decided otherwise. It was majorly disappointing, to say the least. In reality, it was probably for the best, but sometimes we don't necessarily see things in that light immediately. It takes time to let that digest. So, we thought we were staying put in the house we are presently renting and figured, two more years until something better comes along...

Until Mid-May we received a response from an ad I had posted in Craigslist about a house to rent. We went to check it out after the Rhody Run in May and it is our "dream" house. It's only a few blocks from the Strait, a private beach to boot, and a gorgeous mountain view from a large sun room that encompasses the back of the house. It's on 2.5 acres and secluded from neighbors. It is just perfect for what we are looking for right now. There are fruit trees and a plenty of room for Maddy to play. So we have been busy packing and prepping for a garage sale and the move in a little over two weeks.

That is the news on our front. School wrapped up on Friday and I am thankful, and excited, to be done. It has been a long year and next year looks to be even more exhausting, I think, than this year. I am going to miss our group of 8th graders, as they are pretty spectacular. It will be fun to watch them grow and blossom as high school students. I am also teaching part-time, two sections of composition at the college again in the fall, so this will be fun and busy!

 But summer looks promising with a wedding in July, a trip to Colorado the end of July, a road trip back with my mom, and then my mother-in-law visiting in August. I intend to work on my PhD Prospectus and get that hammered down and finalized, so I can move on with the dissertation piece. I am close to the next steps in my degree program, that it is pretty exciting, and nerve wrecking, how final that is becoming.

Miss Madelynne is growing and changing fast. She is always so sweet and kind and rarely has annoying days, unless she is not getting the attention she craves when we are doing other things. She is taller and losing some of that toddler look, as she is growing into that little girl form. She keeps us laughing and smiling with her quirkiness and humor, and always questions us about the world around her. She will be 3 in a few more months and hopefully fully potty trained by then. We are definitely working on it and she is pretty close.

Otherwise, that's our lives in a nutshell. Here are some pics of growing Maddy.

Easter 2014

Egg Hunt 2014

Thoughtful 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the future's not ours to see...

There is so much going on in our world today that is negative. I get irritated with watching the news and seeing such drama the media portrays. I never really paid that much attention to it until I had Madelynne and then everything changed about my perception of the world. It is scary, out there, when all you want to do is shelter and protect your little one. Maybe I am coming to the terms with growing older and realizing that life on this great planet is limited and to make the most of it. Being a SAH mom has really caused me to think and reflect on so many different things. It hasn’t always been sweet, happy thoughts, either. I know a few weeks ago I was really concerned for the end of the world and for my daughter and future generations that have to endure such drastic changes that will continue to occur over time. I find myself getting caught up with questions about my faith and my journey as a Christian and feeling lost and not knowing who to turn to or talk to about such conflict

Just B

In teaching poetry and preparing my kiddos this week for their poetry presentations, we watched a few spoken word poets via pre-selected versions on YouTube. One video that stood out the most was from the 2012 TED talks from spoken word poet, Sarah Kay. The poem is a perfect depiction of having a child and advice that a mother wants to carry on to her daughter...If you have an opportunity, I'd check it out on YouTube and just watch the "If I should have a daughter" or the title of the poem is "B". Sifting through the poem, I extracted a few of my favorite quotes and a few recent pictures of Madelynne to accompany them. Enjoy.  "...Because there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away" (Sarah Kay, TED Talks, 2012).  “...Remember, your Mama is a worrier, and your Papa is a warrior, and you are the girl with small hands and big eyes who never stops asking f

The Emerald Isle: The Middle

WICKLOW MOUTAINS AND GLENDALOUGH After our first initial stay in Dublin, we ventured south en route to our vacation rental which was near Cork. I wanted to see Glendalough Valley and the monastic ruins that have been there since the 6 th century. We got our first initial taste of “white knuckle” driving that everyone warned us about. Skinny, one lane roads with either old stone walls bordering each side of the road or overgrown, green foliage…it was a bit insane. Not to mention, the mountain passes were curvy and unforgiving. One local told us that to put the speed sign of 100k right before a bend was like the road was coaxing you, daring you to drive that fast. Many one lane bridges Ireland roads Glendalough was beautiful with historic and old ruins, two beautiful lakes, and expansive hiking trails. Old, Celtic cross tombstones and tight fitting graves dotted the landscape next to the monastery and tower. We saw our first deer here, so we high-fived at spotting wil