Skip to main content

Other Happenings...

After spring break, and shortly before, we have been pretty busy. We have enjoyed a few hikes, the lake, visits from family, and the nice weather. We are officially on the countdown to summer, and are looking forward to camping and hiking, traveling, and visits again, from family and friends. We had an opportunity this past week to be part of a wonderful celebration and ceremony that welcomes the gray whales on their northern journey to Alaska, sponsored by the Quillayute Tribe. It was such an awesome experience. We were even given a beautiful, wood carved whale necklace, which I was so blessed to receive and it is pretty much Madelynne's. Being at the ceremony made me realize how grateful I am to be in a place that is so diverse and rich in culture, and have such beautiful friends to share these moments with. So these are pics depicting both the ceremony, the gift, and what we have been up to as of late. Enjoy!

Moss and algae on old dock pilings

Dynamic Duo: Chrissy and Lizzy (our friends pups)

Fun frame 


Welcoming of the Whales Ceremony

Dinner with Mike and Jackie on their visit. 

Culture

Mapping out our hike

Hiking friends

Salamander

Lunch break at the lake

Green, mossy trees

Whale ceremony

Quillayute Tribal School Kiddos

The whale carving given to me


Otters at the City Pier

Showing her Papa her discovery
View of the Straits on one of our hikes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the future's not ours to see...

There is so much going on in our world today that is negative. I get irritated with watching the news and seeing such drama the media portrays. I never really paid that much attention to it until I had Madelynne and then everything changed about my perception of the world. It is scary, out there, when all you want to do is shelter and protect your little one. Maybe I am coming to the terms with growing older and realizing that life on this great planet is limited and to make the most of it. Being a SAH mom has really caused me to think and reflect on so many different things. It hasn’t always been sweet, happy thoughts, either. I know a few weeks ago I was really concerned for the end of the world and for my daughter and future generations that have to endure such drastic changes that will continue to occur over time. I find myself getting caught up with questions about my faith and my journey as a Christian and feeling lost and not knowing who to turn to or talk to about such conflict...

The Beginning of a Journey

I have officially decided to start this blog as it will force me to write regularly, and continue to brainstorm ideas for the summer writing adventure I intend to evoke upon. Besides, my goal was to be a “best-selling author by the time I am 30”, and, well, 30 is here.  Now it’s time to take my writing more seriously. It’s one of those things that I wake up thinking about, in the middle of the day I dream about, and in the evenings, continue to ponder. I blame my lack of writing on writer’s block, which is a lame excuse for any writer out there, but honestly, I think I’m trying too hard to create the best seller and not just write. What I do know is it’s been my dream since junior high and I am not giving up on it. Even if it takes me the next year to polish, rewrite, revise, and be rejected, I intend to make this dream a reality. But I have decided to take two things to heart in regards to my writing. My cousin, Beth, commented once I got my first teaching job in Florida, to “pr...

Spring Break

Adventures always begin in the airport. I have pics of Madelynne enjoying trips and airport discoveries at Jax's age, so my focus this round to Indianapolis to visit Grandma Sue was on Jax's momentous milestone: his last "Free" ride as the lap child.  The waiting game consists of:  Being on our devices while we waste time.  Or checking out the planes parked at the terminals.  Or looking at the planes through spy holes in the seats.  Watching the workers load and unload the plane.   And flying consists of entertainment, sleep, and a few minor meltdowns: Watching Coco Holding my hand at take off.  We got to Indy the day before Easter and Grandma Sue, Aunt Kristie, and cousin Hollie had the eggs and dye ready to be decorated by the kids. Jax wasn't that interested, but Madelynne and Hollie had a blast. Getting ready to dunk hers.  Watching Aunt Kristie prep the cups with dye and vinegar.  ...