Skip to main content

Time is On Our Side


I am always grateful for the end of the school year because it rejuvenates my creativity and gives me a chance to catch up on myself. We are in the final countdown with only a full week left of school and one extra Monday, due to snow. Hopefully my summer posts will be a bit more consistent, as we've definitely been busy since spring break to this point. So here is 9 weeks of events jammed into one post. Within the post are a couple links to Vimeo, with videos I created for a class I was recently part of. My goal is to make a video once a month. Unfortunately, I missed my May opportunity, but will definitely work on the mini family keepsake films for the remainder of the summer.  Enjoy the highlights!

Rest of Spring Break
 The remainder of our staycation for spring break was spent divided with friends and visiting Point Defiance Zoo and then celebrating Jax's 3rd birthday. The theme this year is was trains. His cake was a fun shaped 3 and track. He had fun sharing his toys and playing with his friends that showed up.

Aquarium Watching


Friends: Bubba and Charlie

Touch tank fun

Watching the walrus


Munching his cake


Seeing his cake with his buddy Faith by his side


His new play tent from Grandma

The cake (upside down)
Gifts for his buddies
Door decor
Gifts from his friends and family
Train of fun snacks
Snack cars

Happy Birthday, Jax!


Keepsake Films
I decided to get into film making, just to make small documentaries of my family. It has been really refreshing for the storyteller in me. I have really enjoyed creating these small films that highlight the little stories of our life. I made two for the month of April and one was specifically for the final class project. i worked on an Easter one I never finished.  One is of Jax bug hunting and the second is of Madelynne repotting her seedlings. I am gradually getting better, but the art of filming and creating still images is somewhat similar in retrospect. Here they are, if you haven't viewed them already: Planting A Garden and Bug Hunting Adventure. Here are some fun stills of Easter and the bug hunt.

Badass baseball face

Bubble gun fun


Hunting bugs

Bug catchers


Dying eggs

Easter 2019


Helping mom film




Magnified

Those toes


Newest Addition 
We also added a new addition to our family shortly after Easter, which is lovely Astrid. Once again, another Vikings referenced name, but what can we say, we're a bit obsessed with the show. The kids think of How To Train Your Dragon She is a sweet kitten, playful, and energetic. She likes to play fetch with her little cat toys, antagonize her bud Floki, and curl up with her buddy and our Old Timer Goober.


Reading to my "kids"

Watching the fish


Visits Galore!
Grandma and Jax
The rest of May went by in a blur. Brad's mom moved out the start of the month. She is waiting for her house to be finished and built, so she is temporarily staying with us. It's been a big help, that's for sure.

Family time!

 Then,  Madelynne celebrated her First Communion with her Queen of Angels classmates. It was a really special day. She was lucky that her Great Grandma King, my grandma, was able to travel from Wyoming to be here for it. I loved it that she kept needing to "pinch her" to remind her that she was really here. My Aunt and Uncle were great entertainers for Jax and Maddy, and her friends, and they also enjoyed their time in the beautiful PACNW.
Aunt Shelly jumping on the trampoline with Maddy. 
Dinner celebrations
Our sister tattoo's
Lindsey getting hers
Me getting mine. 








Lindsey and I got to spend some quality sister time together and finally got our sister tattoo's.

Maddy with Great Grandma 
Maddy with her two Grandma's

4 Generations together


Receiving her first Communion




Then, shortly after they left Brad's Grams moved out with the help of Brad's Aunt Ann. So far, Grams has made a successful adjustment. I think she is most entertained by her Great Grandkids.


Events and Other Things
 As for life in general, we've been busy! We had a couple of runs the past two months: The Run The Peninsula Series at the RR Bridge Park 10K where I earned my own PR of an 8:40 mile/split. That was impressive for me!
The beautiful Discovery Trail Railroad Bridge: Run The Peninsula Series. 


3rd in my age group!

We did the Color Run Seattle on Mother's Day, which is always a hoot and tons of fun as a family. Brad was fearless and dressed up in Madelynne's crocheted unicorn garb. He got plenty of looks, laughs, and commentary on how awesome he looked. Jaxson slept through most of the race in the stroller.
Before we ran and Jax refusing to be cooperative
Brad with the kids
Stretching
After the run all "colorized"
He cracks me up
Go Pro shot



The first weekend in June, Madelynne and I both did the North Olympic Discovery Marathon, where she competed in the Kid's Marathon and then I ran the Marathon Relay with my She Runs This Town "flock." It was such an awesome experience that I have been toying with running a full...Time will tell; we will see. It's definitely gnawing at me as a consideration for sure. Everyone I have talked with who have done Half's have told me the same---it's not that much difference or if I can finish a Half I can probably finish a full. Hmmm....


Cool medals---the Triangle One attaches completely with the others in the series as it is race number 3/  
Our Team: The Flock <3




Maddy after her race. 

Jaxson's doppleganger: Arlo


We celebrated the Irrigation Festival with a parade that Maddy was in with her best bud, Piper, and they had a fun night watching the Sequim High School Operetta performance of Legally Blonde.

Watching Newsies with our pals: Elysie, Faith, and Shalom. 



Kitsap Forest Theatre

Watching the firworks

Parade Watching



Maddy helping in the parade.

Maddy's bud, Piper, handing out goodies at he parade


 We also ventured to Kitsap Forest Theatre to watch the production of Newsies with our friends. It was so cool, a neat theatre tucked away in the forest near Bremmerton. We hope to return in August to see Mama Mia!

Be Happy




POW!

We all need goggles and galoshes to puddle jump in the rain



Water and chalk is a fun combo. 





Otherwise, that sums up our updates. Until next time!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the future's not ours to see...

There is so much going on in our world today that is negative. I get irritated with watching the news and seeing such drama the media portrays. I never really paid that much attention to it until I had Madelynne and then everything changed about my perception of the world. It is scary, out there, when all you want to do is shelter and protect your little one. Maybe I am coming to the terms with growing older and realizing that life on this great planet is limited and to make the most of it. Being a SAH mom has really caused me to think and reflect on so many different things. It hasn’t always been sweet, happy thoughts, either. I know a few weeks ago I was really concerned for the end of the world and for my daughter and future generations that have to endure such drastic changes that will continue to occur over time. I find myself getting caught up with questions about my faith and my journey as a Christian and feeling lost and not knowing who to turn to or talk to about such conflict

Just B

In teaching poetry and preparing my kiddos this week for their poetry presentations, we watched a few spoken word poets via pre-selected versions on YouTube. One video that stood out the most was from the 2012 TED talks from spoken word poet, Sarah Kay. The poem is a perfect depiction of having a child and advice that a mother wants to carry on to her daughter...If you have an opportunity, I'd check it out on YouTube and just watch the "If I should have a daughter" or the title of the poem is "B". Sifting through the poem, I extracted a few of my favorite quotes and a few recent pictures of Madelynne to accompany them. Enjoy.  "...Because there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away" (Sarah Kay, TED Talks, 2012).  “...Remember, your Mama is a worrier, and your Papa is a warrior, and you are the girl with small hands and big eyes who never stops asking f

The Emerald Isle: The Middle

WICKLOW MOUTAINS AND GLENDALOUGH After our first initial stay in Dublin, we ventured south en route to our vacation rental which was near Cork. I wanted to see Glendalough Valley and the monastic ruins that have been there since the 6 th century. We got our first initial taste of “white knuckle” driving that everyone warned us about. Skinny, one lane roads with either old stone walls bordering each side of the road or overgrown, green foliage…it was a bit insane. Not to mention, the mountain passes were curvy and unforgiving. One local told us that to put the speed sign of 100k right before a bend was like the road was coaxing you, daring you to drive that fast. Many one lane bridges Ireland roads Glendalough was beautiful with historic and old ruins, two beautiful lakes, and expansive hiking trails. Old, Celtic cross tombstones and tight fitting graves dotted the landscape next to the monastery and tower. We saw our first deer here, so we high-fived at spotting wil