Skip to main content

Manic March

 If you're reading this and have been commenting on any posts that I post on Facebook, note that I am not ignoring you. I gave up Facebook for Lent and, in all honesty, it was probably one of the best decisions I have made in a long time. I love Instagram, as that is the photographer in me, and being wrapped up in images from across the globe to feed my wanderlust soul is never a bad thing. I multi-post between the two platforms, but mostly post to Instagram first.

Anyway, March came and went in fury. It's hard to believe it's April and spring break. That means, 9 weeks until the end of quarter 4 and it's officially summer. The saying is true...the older you get, the faster life seems to slip right on past.

We've enjoyed the nice weather we've been blessed with, even if early March ended up being a bit cold. So here are highlights from March.

Hot Chocolate Run and Seattle Fun

Maddy and I signed up for the Hot Chocolate 15K/5K in Seattle. I think next year I will do the 15K, but we had fun running the 5K together. We got to Seattle the day before and enjoyed walking the city, as usual. We went up into the Space Needle, which is currently being renovated. They are making an all-glass floor, which is will end up rotating similarly to the restaurant. They also redid the observatory deck, which is now an all glass platform which gives the illusion you're literally floating in a few places. You have to have a real non-fear of heights to enjoy the new upgrades. Jax has a difficult time with uneven surfaces, glass surfaces, or surfaces that have grates on them, so he refused to step out on the glass floor. We also enjoyed the Great Wheel and dinner along Pike Place. Seattle is always entertaining. The run was early Sunday and we had a blast. It was pretty cold, but the hot chocolate treats following the event were awesome and worth our time.




Maddy rocked the run! If there is a fun component, she jumps on it. Hot chocolate was her motivator. 

At the Space Needle




Leery about walking on the glass surface. 

Holding Papa's hand, peering over the edge cautiously. 

Gun wall
Family Space Needle Pic


The Observatory "Floating" Bench

Tuckered out

On the Great Wheel
Hurricane Ridge

We ventured up Hurricane Ridge for one more snowshoe excursion with our friends and the weather couldn't have been more awesome and plain beautiful. We were stoked to get in three snowshoe trips this winter. 

Olivia relaxing with some hot chocolate after our jaunt. 

Feeding the birds

Olivia and Maddy

Nikki and Olivia


Our Crew 2019





Sweet bundled Viktor







Olympic Views

PB&J Face





Eating out of the palm of her hand


Trio

Spring Has Sprung!

Of course, spring is in full swing and that means yard projects are underway. Jax loves the mud and discovering worms and tree frogs, digging, and running around barefoot, even if it isn't quite warm enough.

Mud and dirt don't stop this girl, either. 





Spring Break Adventures

 Spring break has just begun and our adventures went off without a hitch on Saturday and then again on Sunday. We hiked Shi Shi Beach along the wild Olympic Coast with my friend, Tonya, and then canoed off Cline Spit near our home after church on Sunday. With the incredibly warm and flawless, summer-like weather, we are not complaining about any opportunity to get outside. The coast was chilly. However, it was perfect without the rain. 




Exploring tidepools at Point of Arches

Tidepool reflections


Tonya walking the beach

Taking in the view

Shi Shi and seastacks near Point of Arches






Tidepool Sea anemones

Brad taking a pic of me

Discovering tidepools

Running along the beach

Hiking back

Walking a ways 

Hiking poles

Sea cave exploring

Thinks he sees a crab

Playing in the sand

Hiking along


Grabbing for water


Key hole views of the ocean


Signs of spring along the trail


Pretty beat


Checking out the sea stack caves

Enjoying the canoe ride




Ready to embark

Family pic 1

Family pic 2

Sunny selfie

Discovering another sea cave

Until next time...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the future's not ours to see...

There is so much going on in our world today that is negative. I get irritated with watching the news and seeing such drama the media portrays. I never really paid that much attention to it until I had Madelynne and then everything changed about my perception of the world. It is scary, out there, when all you want to do is shelter and protect your little one. Maybe I am coming to the terms with growing older and realizing that life on this great planet is limited and to make the most of it. Being a SAH mom has really caused me to think and reflect on so many different things. It hasn’t always been sweet, happy thoughts, either. I know a few weeks ago I was really concerned for the end of the world and for my daughter and future generations that have to endure such drastic changes that will continue to occur over time. I find myself getting caught up with questions about my faith and my journey as a Christian and feeling lost and not knowing who to turn to or talk to about such conflict

Final Summer Adventure: Iceland 2019

Instagram definitely has a way of enticing the hungriest of the wanderers to explore the various bucket list places. Iceland has been one of those for me since I watched an enticing video from a friend and was immediately set on going there. When, how, and what we would do was all under speculation, but once I set it on my vision/prayer board and started planning, the dream became a reality and here we are, in 2019, recapping a family adventure that was well worth the expense. A few notes about our trip before I take you on a picturesque journey of some of our favorite stops. If you’re planning your own Icelandic adventure, do note that gas is not cheap. It is the one thing that put us over budget, and something we didn’t plan enough for. So while cheap flights look appealing, do your research! Food is also equally expensive, however, we did budget for that! We even had a bag left over at the end of our trip, which we happily donated to the Kuku Campers reuse shelf.  Being

Just B

In teaching poetry and preparing my kiddos this week for their poetry presentations, we watched a few spoken word poets via pre-selected versions on YouTube. One video that stood out the most was from the 2012 TED talks from spoken word poet, Sarah Kay. The poem is a perfect depiction of having a child and advice that a mother wants to carry on to her daughter...If you have an opportunity, I'd check it out on YouTube and just watch the "If I should have a daughter" or the title of the poem is "B". Sifting through the poem, I extracted a few of my favorite quotes and a few recent pictures of Madelynne to accompany them. Enjoy.  "...Because there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away" (Sarah Kay, TED Talks, 2012).  “...Remember, your Mama is a worrier, and your Papa is a warrior, and you are the girl with small hands and big eyes who never stops asking f