Skip to main content

Busy Doesn't Even Cover It...

Life got the best of me. I have failed to update my blog and have failed to take care of me. Lots of things have piled up and I feel a bit disillusioned by my purpose and monumentally confused about my journey. However, it doesn't keep me from contemplating the next path and where life will lead me in the long run.

Brad is gracious, though. I sometimes don't give him enough credit, but he is an amazing man. I am blessed that he puts up with my shenaningans, triumphs, and tribulations, and so effortlessly takes my hand as we dive into the abyss of the next adventure. I often think if we had not met 14 years ago, where we'd be today...if he'd still be in NY or FL. Would I be out here in WA? The what ifs gnaw at me a bit before dissipating at the sound of that sweet laughter from our child, who is now our world, and I can't imagine what any "what if" would have brought me other than longing for more "what ifs", so cheers to 14 more years and counting.

Our adventure takes us to Ireland in June in celebration of 10 years of marriage. 
Cannot wait!

I took up a few photography projects. In the next few posts, you will see the one about Madelynne and a combination of my other two:  a 52 week (1 photo for every week) and a Photo With Friends collaborative on Facebook (thanks to my cousin, Mary, for inviting me to participate in that).

We've been enjoying the unseasonably warm tempatures up here in the PACNW, as we watch the rest of the states get hammered with cold and snow. Spring is in the air. It's all Madelynne talks about: her trip to Florida with Papa, 5 Acre, visiting Grandma & Grandpa and Damion this summer, camping...she is funny. She has been digging the hot tub at the house, so she wants to have "hot tub parties" and invite all of her friends for sleep overs so they can have fun in the hot tub. Oh my...lol. She is our little active imagination, dreamer, and caregiver. She constantly wants to see baby Olivia, her best friend for life, and dance. She wants to explore the beach and climb on driftwood forts. We are always on the hunt for sea glass. She sure loves the beach. Takes after her mom. :)

So here are a few pics of what we've been up to the past month. Be sure to go through the other posts to view the two picture projects I've embarked upon.



Add caption

Mini Photographer

Foggy bike ride



Beach



Beautiful Eagle 

Lensbaby Fun

Lensbaby Fun 2

You will hear me ROAR!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the future's not ours to see...

There is so much going on in our world today that is negative. I get irritated with watching the news and seeing such drama the media portrays. I never really paid that much attention to it until I had Madelynne and then everything changed about my perception of the world. It is scary, out there, when all you want to do is shelter and protect your little one. Maybe I am coming to the terms with growing older and realizing that life on this great planet is limited and to make the most of it. Being a SAH mom has really caused me to think and reflect on so many different things. It hasn’t always been sweet, happy thoughts, either. I know a few weeks ago I was really concerned for the end of the world and for my daughter and future generations that have to endure such drastic changes that will continue to occur over time. I find myself getting caught up with questions about my faith and my journey as a Christian and feeling lost and not knowing who to turn to or talk to about such conflict...

The Beginning of a Journey

I have officially decided to start this blog as it will force me to write regularly, and continue to brainstorm ideas for the summer writing adventure I intend to evoke upon. Besides, my goal was to be a “best-selling author by the time I am 30”, and, well, 30 is here.  Now it’s time to take my writing more seriously. It’s one of those things that I wake up thinking about, in the middle of the day I dream about, and in the evenings, continue to ponder. I blame my lack of writing on writer’s block, which is a lame excuse for any writer out there, but honestly, I think I’m trying too hard to create the best seller and not just write. What I do know is it’s been my dream since junior high and I am not giving up on it. Even if it takes me the next year to polish, rewrite, revise, and be rejected, I intend to make this dream a reality. But I have decided to take two things to heart in regards to my writing. My cousin, Beth, commented once I got my first teaching job in Florida, to “pr...

Spring Break

Adventures always begin in the airport. I have pics of Madelynne enjoying trips and airport discoveries at Jax's age, so my focus this round to Indianapolis to visit Grandma Sue was on Jax's momentous milestone: his last "Free" ride as the lap child.  The waiting game consists of:  Being on our devices while we waste time.  Or checking out the planes parked at the terminals.  Or looking at the planes through spy holes in the seats.  Watching the workers load and unload the plane.   And flying consists of entertainment, sleep, and a few minor meltdowns: Watching Coco Holding my hand at take off.  We got to Indy the day before Easter and Grandma Sue, Aunt Kristie, and cousin Hollie had the eggs and dye ready to be decorated by the kids. Jax wasn't that interested, but Madelynne and Hollie had a blast. Getting ready to dunk hers.  Watching Aunt Kristie prep the cups with dye and vinegar.  ...