Skip to main content

The Beginning of Summer...

There are many things I enjoy about being a teacher. One of those is summer. People think that we don't do anything during the summer, but my most valuable time is during the summer. I get to plan out my curriculum week by week, I get to decide the direction I want to take with my new, incoming students, and I get to read, prep, and attend professional development opportunities. Not to mention, graduate school and prep for National Boards...it's a lot!

On the flip side, if you think our jobs end exactly in nine months time, then you are rudely mistaken. Granted, the time off is a blessing in disguise. I get to reboot and recharge, and the best part is I get to spend all that time I lost between the time school began until now, with my daughter. And to me, that is priceless. And if you don't have your own kids, then you have no idea what a full time job it is to raise them. Not saying that your life is not packed and crazy, but on top of a full time job and raising a child, it is time consuming. Again, I wouldn't change it for the world. I am quite blessed that I get this opportunity to spend with her, one on one.

So, cheers to summer! My posts will be few and far between for a few weeks, as I am traveling to Colorado, but will update sometime end of July.

The flowers we picked on a walk. 

Playing with a caterpillar in her tunnel

Not certain about the cotton

Hello!

Evening treat of chocolate milk


Looking at the creek below

She sleeps---how she rolls

Enjoying canoeing Lake Crescent

Brad directing us

Helping paddle

So proud of herself


View from on the lake

Wanting to feel the water

Checking out daddy

Back on shore-drinking water

Had to wade

Throwing rocks


Got sassy on the hike...

So she hid in a tree.


Bubbles are a staple of summer

Bubbles

"Can you help me, mama?"




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the future's not ours to see...

There is so much going on in our world today that is negative. I get irritated with watching the news and seeing such drama the media portrays. I never really paid that much attention to it until I had Madelynne and then everything changed about my perception of the world. It is scary, out there, when all you want to do is shelter and protect your little one. Maybe I am coming to the terms with growing older and realizing that life on this great planet is limited and to make the most of it. Being a SAH mom has really caused me to think and reflect on so many different things. It hasn’t always been sweet, happy thoughts, either. I know a few weeks ago I was really concerned for the end of the world and for my daughter and future generations that have to endure such drastic changes that will continue to occur over time. I find myself getting caught up with questions about my faith and my journey as a Christian and feeling lost and not knowing who to turn to or talk to about such conflict...

The Beginning of a Journey

I have officially decided to start this blog as it will force me to write regularly, and continue to brainstorm ideas for the summer writing adventure I intend to evoke upon. Besides, my goal was to be a “best-selling author by the time I am 30”, and, well, 30 is here.  Now it’s time to take my writing more seriously. It’s one of those things that I wake up thinking about, in the middle of the day I dream about, and in the evenings, continue to ponder. I blame my lack of writing on writer’s block, which is a lame excuse for any writer out there, but honestly, I think I’m trying too hard to create the best seller and not just write. What I do know is it’s been my dream since junior high and I am not giving up on it. Even if it takes me the next year to polish, rewrite, revise, and be rejected, I intend to make this dream a reality. But I have decided to take two things to heart in regards to my writing. My cousin, Beth, commented once I got my first teaching job in Florida, to “pr...

Spring Break

Adventures always begin in the airport. I have pics of Madelynne enjoying trips and airport discoveries at Jax's age, so my focus this round to Indianapolis to visit Grandma Sue was on Jax's momentous milestone: his last "Free" ride as the lap child.  The waiting game consists of:  Being on our devices while we waste time.  Or checking out the planes parked at the terminals.  Or looking at the planes through spy holes in the seats.  Watching the workers load and unload the plane.   And flying consists of entertainment, sleep, and a few minor meltdowns: Watching Coco Holding my hand at take off.  We got to Indy the day before Easter and Grandma Sue, Aunt Kristie, and cousin Hollie had the eggs and dye ready to be decorated by the kids. Jax wasn't that interested, but Madelynne and Hollie had a blast. Getting ready to dunk hers.  Watching Aunt Kristie prep the cups with dye and vinegar.  ...