Skip to main content

Birthday Camping Trip

 For my birthday, I requested a camping trip to Salt Creek, which is one of my favorite places to just go and be outside. It's what we call the "mini beach", because although it is still the ocean, it is nothing like La Push or other parts of the Pacific coastline.

Lucky for us, there was a break in the weather and it was beautiful last weekend! We enjoyed a weekend camping trip with our friends Steve and Nikki and our four pups. Only crazy things we heard in the midst of the night were stupid rodents of unusual size---aka raccoon---making quite the ruckus over the cliff below us, on the water edge.

Otherwise, we enjoyed the view of Canada and the Strait of Juan de Fuca and each others company, plotting our next weekend getaway when we get back from Colorado. We were even lucky enough to get  our friends addicted to geocaching. :)

Our campsite

Madelynne's own Coleman 

Chillaxin'

Couldn't forget her ponies

cuddling with the pup

Checking out the view with Steve

Stealing Nikki's spot

Bald eagle that hung around our camp 

Canada in the distance and boats in the Strait

Hours of a fun in a box


Rock hopping

Sea anemone 

Love these things

Tried saving this starfish---not sure if I did or not. 

Enjoying the campfire

We taught her to use the stick as paddle and pretend to be in a boat

"Love" trees, wrapped up in each other

Geocaching with the pups 

Having fun while the boys figure out the clues

Showing off her flowers 

Trying to figure out the clues to where the cache is

Calculating---and we still didn't find it. :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the future's not ours to see...

There is so much going on in our world today that is negative. I get irritated with watching the news and seeing such drama the media portrays. I never really paid that much attention to it until I had Madelynne and then everything changed about my perception of the world. It is scary, out there, when all you want to do is shelter and protect your little one. Maybe I am coming to the terms with growing older and realizing that life on this great planet is limited and to make the most of it. Being a SAH mom has really caused me to think and reflect on so many different things. It hasn’t always been sweet, happy thoughts, either. I know a few weeks ago I was really concerned for the end of the world and for my daughter and future generations that have to endure such drastic changes that will continue to occur over time. I find myself getting caught up with questions about my faith and my journey as a Christian and feeling lost and not knowing who to turn to or talk to about such conflict...

The Beginning of a Journey

I have officially decided to start this blog as it will force me to write regularly, and continue to brainstorm ideas for the summer writing adventure I intend to evoke upon. Besides, my goal was to be a “best-selling author by the time I am 30”, and, well, 30 is here.  Now it’s time to take my writing more seriously. It’s one of those things that I wake up thinking about, in the middle of the day I dream about, and in the evenings, continue to ponder. I blame my lack of writing on writer’s block, which is a lame excuse for any writer out there, but honestly, I think I’m trying too hard to create the best seller and not just write. What I do know is it’s been my dream since junior high and I am not giving up on it. Even if it takes me the next year to polish, rewrite, revise, and be rejected, I intend to make this dream a reality. But I have decided to take two things to heart in regards to my writing. My cousin, Beth, commented once I got my first teaching job in Florida, to “pr...

Spring Break

Adventures always begin in the airport. I have pics of Madelynne enjoying trips and airport discoveries at Jax's age, so my focus this round to Indianapolis to visit Grandma Sue was on Jax's momentous milestone: his last "Free" ride as the lap child.  The waiting game consists of:  Being on our devices while we waste time.  Or checking out the planes parked at the terminals.  Or looking at the planes through spy holes in the seats.  Watching the workers load and unload the plane.   And flying consists of entertainment, sleep, and a few minor meltdowns: Watching Coco Holding my hand at take off.  We got to Indy the day before Easter and Grandma Sue, Aunt Kristie, and cousin Hollie had the eggs and dye ready to be decorated by the kids. Jax wasn't that interested, but Madelynne and Hollie had a blast. Getting ready to dunk hers.  Watching Aunt Kristie prep the cups with dye and vinegar.  ...