Skip to main content

Second Home

It's definitely that time of year. I think fall is creeping in a bit faster than normal. The geese are making their back and forth transitions between feeding grounds in the morning and evenings. The light in the sky is changing. Some of the leaves are even beginning to change, too. With that, and the fact that it's back to work next week, is the reality that summer is officially coming to a close. It went by quickly, even though my days were filled with mundane repetition of caring for a preschooler. For many, they would be annoyed with those countless hours of playing make believe, answering a million questions, walking to the park, or laughing at really nothing. But for me, it  was precious moments I crave when the school year gets the best of me. My summer was:




Watching D at Tae Kwon Doe

Quiet time on the tablet so I could work on my stuff...

Blowing bubbles and laughter

Sprinkler running 

And jumping

Fun.

Blowing more bubbles

Countless hours at the park

And water park

Loves from her cousin


Being patient and passing time


And enjoying the sweetness of sunshine and summertime.


We didn't do too much, but stayed with Grandma and Grandpa for three weeks. We enjoyed a few trips up to the mountains, checking out the beautiful green mountainsides, rolling hills, glaciers of snow, and the abundance of wildflowers. Colorado is genuninely my second home and as long as my folks reside there, it will remain that way. 

Indian Paintbrush (a favorite wild flower)





Pandora

Crested Butte


Cottonwood Pass



Independence Pass


Rat snakes we encountered. 

And their den

Independence Pass 

Sadly, we saw no moose but did see some mountain goats and tons of deer, as always. We had adventures like losing poor Pete and him coming home like a Prodigal son. Until next year...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the future's not ours to see...

There is so much going on in our world today that is negative. I get irritated with watching the news and seeing such drama the media portrays. I never really paid that much attention to it until I had Madelynne and then everything changed about my perception of the world. It is scary, out there, when all you want to do is shelter and protect your little one. Maybe I am coming to the terms with growing older and realizing that life on this great planet is limited and to make the most of it. Being a SAH mom has really caused me to think and reflect on so many different things. It hasn’t always been sweet, happy thoughts, either. I know a few weeks ago I was really concerned for the end of the world and for my daughter and future generations that have to endure such drastic changes that will continue to occur over time. I find myself getting caught up with questions about my faith and my journey as a Christian and feeling lost and not knowing who to turn to or talk to about such conflict...

The Beginning of a Journey

I have officially decided to start this blog as it will force me to write regularly, and continue to brainstorm ideas for the summer writing adventure I intend to evoke upon. Besides, my goal was to be a “best-selling author by the time I am 30”, and, well, 30 is here.  Now it’s time to take my writing more seriously. It’s one of those things that I wake up thinking about, in the middle of the day I dream about, and in the evenings, continue to ponder. I blame my lack of writing on writer’s block, which is a lame excuse for any writer out there, but honestly, I think I’m trying too hard to create the best seller and not just write. What I do know is it’s been my dream since junior high and I am not giving up on it. Even if it takes me the next year to polish, rewrite, revise, and be rejected, I intend to make this dream a reality. But I have decided to take two things to heart in regards to my writing. My cousin, Beth, commented once I got my first teaching job in Florida, to “pr...

Spring Break

Adventures always begin in the airport. I have pics of Madelynne enjoying trips and airport discoveries at Jax's age, so my focus this round to Indianapolis to visit Grandma Sue was on Jax's momentous milestone: his last "Free" ride as the lap child.  The waiting game consists of:  Being on our devices while we waste time.  Or checking out the planes parked at the terminals.  Or looking at the planes through spy holes in the seats.  Watching the workers load and unload the plane.   And flying consists of entertainment, sleep, and a few minor meltdowns: Watching Coco Holding my hand at take off.  We got to Indy the day before Easter and Grandma Sue, Aunt Kristie, and cousin Hollie had the eggs and dye ready to be decorated by the kids. Jax wasn't that interested, but Madelynne and Hollie had a blast. Getting ready to dunk hers.  Watching Aunt Kristie prep the cups with dye and vinegar.  ...