Skip to main content

Family Visit

After spending time in Colorado, my folks, nephew, and sister road tripped to Washington to visit for a week. My brother-in-law had already come out before Lindsey to compete in a downhill bike race, so he waited for our arrival. But here is a snapshot, (see what I did there? :) ) of their visit.


We spent plenty of time at the beach. I took them to La Push and Rialto, two of my favorite spots. Then, the day Lindsey and Joe went to explore Seattle, my folks and I took the kiddos to Salt Creek, picnicked, and literally watched a whale in Crescent Bay for about 5 hours just feeding. I never see whales there and was so stoked to see one. It was incredible. 

Kids being kids

Gray whale at Salt Creek 

We also did a whale watching tour out of Port Angeles. Although it was not as amazing as the October trip, we still had a blast staying on Monarch, a graceful humpback, and then heading toward Race Rocks to check out the sea lions and seals. We saw porpoises and harbor seals, as well. It was a fun trip.
Monarch on our whale tour

Gray whale at Salt Creek tail

Monarch's tail


Bye-Bye!


Wave Jumping

Mom watching the whale

Momarch before her deep dive


Monarch

Perfect Day at Sat Creek

These two

Pointing at the whale

One, two, three...JUMP!

Pilings at the Marina



King of the rock

Race Rocks Light House



There she blows!





Getting ready to deep dive





Daschund on a paddle board



 Before the family left, I had to get some good family portraits (they have none...So I thought that was a bit ludicrious!) of Lindsey, Joe, and Damion.


Add caption













 Can't wait to see them again. Love my family. 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the future's not ours to see...

There is so much going on in our world today that is negative. I get irritated with watching the news and seeing such drama the media portrays. I never really paid that much attention to it until I had Madelynne and then everything changed about my perception of the world. It is scary, out there, when all you want to do is shelter and protect your little one. Maybe I am coming to the terms with growing older and realizing that life on this great planet is limited and to make the most of it. Being a SAH mom has really caused me to think and reflect on so many different things. It hasn’t always been sweet, happy thoughts, either. I know a few weeks ago I was really concerned for the end of the world and for my daughter and future generations that have to endure such drastic changes that will continue to occur over time. I find myself getting caught up with questions about my faith and my journey as a Christian and feeling lost and not knowing who to turn to or talk to about such conflict...

The Beginning of a Journey

I have officially decided to start this blog as it will force me to write regularly, and continue to brainstorm ideas for the summer writing adventure I intend to evoke upon. Besides, my goal was to be a “best-selling author by the time I am 30”, and, well, 30 is here.  Now it’s time to take my writing more seriously. It’s one of those things that I wake up thinking about, in the middle of the day I dream about, and in the evenings, continue to ponder. I blame my lack of writing on writer’s block, which is a lame excuse for any writer out there, but honestly, I think I’m trying too hard to create the best seller and not just write. What I do know is it’s been my dream since junior high and I am not giving up on it. Even if it takes me the next year to polish, rewrite, revise, and be rejected, I intend to make this dream a reality. But I have decided to take two things to heart in regards to my writing. My cousin, Beth, commented once I got my first teaching job in Florida, to “pr...

Spring Break

Adventures always begin in the airport. I have pics of Madelynne enjoying trips and airport discoveries at Jax's age, so my focus this round to Indianapolis to visit Grandma Sue was on Jax's momentous milestone: his last "Free" ride as the lap child.  The waiting game consists of:  Being on our devices while we waste time.  Or checking out the planes parked at the terminals.  Or looking at the planes through spy holes in the seats.  Watching the workers load and unload the plane.   And flying consists of entertainment, sleep, and a few minor meltdowns: Watching Coco Holding my hand at take off.  We got to Indy the day before Easter and Grandma Sue, Aunt Kristie, and cousin Hollie had the eggs and dye ready to be decorated by the kids. Jax wasn't that interested, but Madelynne and Hollie had a blast. Getting ready to dunk hers.  Watching Aunt Kristie prep the cups with dye and vinegar.  ...