Skip to main content

Surprise!

The best gift this year was our decision to surprise my Grandma in Wyoming. We ventured to the beautiful Cowboy State and spent eight days with her and my other relatives. Along our trek, we had a bit of fun dealing with a car that decided to overheat and a random stop someplace in Montana.







Needless to say, upon our arrival, Grandma was speechless. Plus, my mom and dad surprised her, as well, and drove up from Colorado for a couple of days. It was perfect. The week was spent the majority of the time at my aunt and uncle's hideaway cabin in the canyon. We relaxed and enjoyed one another's company with laughter and conversation, coffee, beer, and lots and lots of food. The best part about Christmas was just being with my family and watching Nate and Madelynne play with one another. They had so much fun and were so engaged with one another.
Brad's beer

Christmas Morning

Having coffee

Styling Grandma's hair

enjoying her cup

Sticker fun


Watching the kiddos

Playing with grandma

Grandpa reading to Maddy

Grandparent time!

Keeping the brews cool

Lights

Love my mom!

Watching a movie during the road trip

Playing the "hand game" with Great Grandma

Santa Baby

Her gift from Santa

Nate was excited!

Watching the helicopter

Christmas cheers to my Grandpa Leach

Delighted. 

PLaying in the the snow

I spy a bunny

Snow!

Not too sure about this Santa guy
Almost got it!
Precious moments!
Santa visited

Playing with the helicopter


We also toured the Wyoming Whiskey Distillery and spent some time in Red Lodge, Montana, at my aunt and uncle's house. It was relaxing, refreshing, and just what we needed. Looking forward to what 2014 has to offer. 

Cross Country Skiing in Montana

Hotel correspondence


Samples

Barrels

White board fun

Wyoming Whiskey Brand

Cross Country Skiing

Comments

  1. Great pics Mel!! You are an amazing photographer!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Sending wishes for an amazing 2014!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For the future's not ours to see...

There is so much going on in our world today that is negative. I get irritated with watching the news and seeing such drama the media portrays. I never really paid that much attention to it until I had Madelynne and then everything changed about my perception of the world. It is scary, out there, when all you want to do is shelter and protect your little one. Maybe I am coming to the terms with growing older and realizing that life on this great planet is limited and to make the most of it. Being a SAH mom has really caused me to think and reflect on so many different things. It hasn’t always been sweet, happy thoughts, either. I know a few weeks ago I was really concerned for the end of the world and for my daughter and future generations that have to endure such drastic changes that will continue to occur over time. I find myself getting caught up with questions about my faith and my journey as a Christian and feeling lost and not knowing who to turn to or talk to about such conflict...

The Beginning of a Journey

I have officially decided to start this blog as it will force me to write regularly, and continue to brainstorm ideas for the summer writing adventure I intend to evoke upon. Besides, my goal was to be a “best-selling author by the time I am 30”, and, well, 30 is here.  Now it’s time to take my writing more seriously. It’s one of those things that I wake up thinking about, in the middle of the day I dream about, and in the evenings, continue to ponder. I blame my lack of writing on writer’s block, which is a lame excuse for any writer out there, but honestly, I think I’m trying too hard to create the best seller and not just write. What I do know is it’s been my dream since junior high and I am not giving up on it. Even if it takes me the next year to polish, rewrite, revise, and be rejected, I intend to make this dream a reality. But I have decided to take two things to heart in regards to my writing. My cousin, Beth, commented once I got my first teaching job in Florida, to “pr...

Spring Break

Adventures always begin in the airport. I have pics of Madelynne enjoying trips and airport discoveries at Jax's age, so my focus this round to Indianapolis to visit Grandma Sue was on Jax's momentous milestone: his last "Free" ride as the lap child.  The waiting game consists of:  Being on our devices while we waste time.  Or checking out the planes parked at the terminals.  Or looking at the planes through spy holes in the seats.  Watching the workers load and unload the plane.   And flying consists of entertainment, sleep, and a few minor meltdowns: Watching Coco Holding my hand at take off.  We got to Indy the day before Easter and Grandma Sue, Aunt Kristie, and cousin Hollie had the eggs and dye ready to be decorated by the kids. Jax wasn't that interested, but Madelynne and Hollie had a blast. Getting ready to dunk hers.  Watching Aunt Kristie prep the cups with dye and vinegar.  ...