Skip to main content

10 Months

Mr. Man is still army crawling, although he appears to be attempting the full blown crawl. He mostly tries this if he is only in his diaper and has no other way of scooting across the floor on his belly. He is quite comical as we have reflective tiles in the kitchen and he has noticed his reflection in them and has started kissing his face. We couldn't figure out what he was doing until we realized what he saw.


He is eating everything under the sun...okay, not really, but he is enjoying his solid foods a lot more. He sure loves blueberries and he gets super excited when he's waiting for more. He has finally migrated to sleeping fully on his own, in his own bed, all night. That has been the best thing since sliced bread for Brad and I! We are pretty proud. ;)

He is gaining strength with standing for longer increments of time and has learned to pull himself up on one of us if we're lying on the floor or even the stairs. We are taking bets on whether he will crawl or just eventually walk. I say crawl; Brad says walk. Time will tell!

He did have a rough couple weeks dealing with the flu and pneumonia. He was out two days from day care, as I was from work, but he is doing much better and is back to his cheery, happy, self.

Books taste good?


Flu naps are the best

Checking out the pups


Getting pulled around by sister

Sick eyes pic

Reading with mom

Those little toes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the future's not ours to see...

There is so much going on in our world today that is negative. I get irritated with watching the news and seeing such drama the media portrays. I never really paid that much attention to it until I had Madelynne and then everything changed about my perception of the world. It is scary, out there, when all you want to do is shelter and protect your little one. Maybe I am coming to the terms with growing older and realizing that life on this great planet is limited and to make the most of it. Being a SAH mom has really caused me to think and reflect on so many different things. It hasn’t always been sweet, happy thoughts, either. I know a few weeks ago I was really concerned for the end of the world and for my daughter and future generations that have to endure such drastic changes that will continue to occur over time. I find myself getting caught up with questions about my faith and my journey as a Christian and feeling lost and not knowing who to turn to or talk to about such conflict...

The Beginning of a Journey

I have officially decided to start this blog as it will force me to write regularly, and continue to brainstorm ideas for the summer writing adventure I intend to evoke upon. Besides, my goal was to be a “best-selling author by the time I am 30”, and, well, 30 is here.  Now it’s time to take my writing more seriously. It’s one of those things that I wake up thinking about, in the middle of the day I dream about, and in the evenings, continue to ponder. I blame my lack of writing on writer’s block, which is a lame excuse for any writer out there, but honestly, I think I’m trying too hard to create the best seller and not just write. What I do know is it’s been my dream since junior high and I am not giving up on it. Even if it takes me the next year to polish, rewrite, revise, and be rejected, I intend to make this dream a reality. But I have decided to take two things to heart in regards to my writing. My cousin, Beth, commented once I got my first teaching job in Florida, to “pr...

Spring Break

Adventures always begin in the airport. I have pics of Madelynne enjoying trips and airport discoveries at Jax's age, so my focus this round to Indianapolis to visit Grandma Sue was on Jax's momentous milestone: his last "Free" ride as the lap child.  The waiting game consists of:  Being on our devices while we waste time.  Or checking out the planes parked at the terminals.  Or looking at the planes through spy holes in the seats.  Watching the workers load and unload the plane.   And flying consists of entertainment, sleep, and a few minor meltdowns: Watching Coco Holding my hand at take off.  We got to Indy the day before Easter and Grandma Sue, Aunt Kristie, and cousin Hollie had the eggs and dye ready to be decorated by the kids. Jax wasn't that interested, but Madelynne and Hollie had a blast. Getting ready to dunk hers.  Watching Aunt Kristie prep the cups with dye and vinegar.  ...