Skip to main content

Wyoming Christmas





We spent the last part of 2016 visiting family in Colorado for Christmas. We were surprised by my parents, upon arrival, for a trip to Wyoming to spend Christmas with my Grandma. It was the best surprise and we had a great time! Not only did we get to surprise her at Christmas Eve mass, but Wyoming got slammed with about 5 inches of snow. Spending time with my family and a White Christmas...Yeah, it doesn't get much better than that. Madelynne was a bit concerned that Santa wouldn't make it, but he came just fine!

Biggest highlight was Grandma meeting Jaxson for the first time.

Grandma holding Jaxson

Grandma Meeting Jax for the first time
Old and New
Holding Hands

Then, Christmas Day consisted of opening presents and playing in the snow.

Creeping downstairs to see what Santa left


He ate most of the cookies

Opening Presents 

Checking out the gifts from Santa

Excited about opening his first gifts

Checking out his stocking loot

Was a bit too excited about the wrapping paper

He likes his crocheted football cap

Uncle Dean liked his snowball thrower hat

Jax checking out his loot

Nate mimicking his dad

Jaxson excited about his new toys
Snow pile up

Sledding fun

Powder in the face

Enjoying the snow

Sled chaueffer

Grandpa getting them back to square one

Ready to go

First time in the snow


Going down!

The rest of the time was spending visiting and sharing memories.
Playing with his toys

Dressed in their holiday best

Eating on Grandma's Lap

Grandma with her great grandkids and grandson. 

With their stylin' holiday hats

Take 2

Jax and Great Grandma


Dad and Jaxson

Maddy playing and guessing game with Grandma

Hello from Great Grandma's lap

Warming up on hot chocolate

Watching Finding Dory

Movie time

Sure makes a cute elf

Eating at the table

Grandma making a dip

Trying to understand the Shopkin's obsession

Seriously, we don't get it either, Grandma. :)

Madelynne explaining the Shopkin's

View of the swinging bridge



Christmas day naps

Enjoying the snow and each other

Wrestling with Papa

Grandkid selfie

Santa says "Ho, Ho, Ho."

Reindeer say, "He, he, he." 
Jax enjoying the fireplace
Dad and Grandma










































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the future's not ours to see...

There is so much going on in our world today that is negative. I get irritated with watching the news and seeing such drama the media portrays. I never really paid that much attention to it until I had Madelynne and then everything changed about my perception of the world. It is scary, out there, when all you want to do is shelter and protect your little one. Maybe I am coming to the terms with growing older and realizing that life on this great planet is limited and to make the most of it. Being a SAH mom has really caused me to think and reflect on so many different things. It hasn’t always been sweet, happy thoughts, either. I know a few weeks ago I was really concerned for the end of the world and for my daughter and future generations that have to endure such drastic changes that will continue to occur over time. I find myself getting caught up with questions about my faith and my journey as a Christian and feeling lost and not knowing who to turn to or talk to about such conflict...

The Beginning of a Journey

I have officially decided to start this blog as it will force me to write regularly, and continue to brainstorm ideas for the summer writing adventure I intend to evoke upon. Besides, my goal was to be a “best-selling author by the time I am 30”, and, well, 30 is here.  Now it’s time to take my writing more seriously. It’s one of those things that I wake up thinking about, in the middle of the day I dream about, and in the evenings, continue to ponder. I blame my lack of writing on writer’s block, which is a lame excuse for any writer out there, but honestly, I think I’m trying too hard to create the best seller and not just write. What I do know is it’s been my dream since junior high and I am not giving up on it. Even if it takes me the next year to polish, rewrite, revise, and be rejected, I intend to make this dream a reality. But I have decided to take two things to heart in regards to my writing. My cousin, Beth, commented once I got my first teaching job in Florida, to “pr...

Spring Break

Adventures always begin in the airport. I have pics of Madelynne enjoying trips and airport discoveries at Jax's age, so my focus this round to Indianapolis to visit Grandma Sue was on Jax's momentous milestone: his last "Free" ride as the lap child.  The waiting game consists of:  Being on our devices while we waste time.  Or checking out the planes parked at the terminals.  Or looking at the planes through spy holes in the seats.  Watching the workers load and unload the plane.   And flying consists of entertainment, sleep, and a few minor meltdowns: Watching Coco Holding my hand at take off.  We got to Indy the day before Easter and Grandma Sue, Aunt Kristie, and cousin Hollie had the eggs and dye ready to be decorated by the kids. Jax wasn't that interested, but Madelynne and Hollie had a blast. Getting ready to dunk hers.  Watching Aunt Kristie prep the cups with dye and vinegar.  ...