Skip to main content

Fall 2016

Along the Discovery Trail






The Dungeness

Fallen

Heart shaped leaves

Along the Dungeness


R.I.P. Sweet Angel

Up to no good. 

Fall is a unique time of year because, at it's roots, it's macabre, really. We are in wonderment of the beauty of changing leaves that go from their new state of green, to golds, then browns, until they fall to the ground and decay. It's a natural cycle, right? It's something we all will inevitably experience and go through: death. In turn, fall's transition to winter, where death lingers as a reminder that life is cyclical, is truly beautiful.

For us, the past two years, we have dealt with untimely death's of two our beloved fur babies, within a year apart of each other. This year it was Angel. It is difficult to transcribe how much a feline friend means to me. I have lost many pets in my time. However, the litter we adopted from Florida have been a strong force since the first day we had them. It was easy to think that they'd live forever, but their age was becoming more noticeable over time. Yet, Angel's sudden onset of illness was nothing we could prepare for. One minute she's getting a chest X-ray and the next we're learning there is nothing we can do to save her. It was a devastating blow because of the bond I had with this cat. For twelve years she was one of my favorites, curling up at my feet in the middle of the night, hanging out in the shower or bathroom while I did my thing, chasing her toys around, drinking from the sink, getting the crazies, guarding the baby, and so much more. It's hard saying goodbye and is still a difficult process even today. It does get easier, but I never forget.

I guess fall has a distinct meaning to me even more so than it has before. Although we transform and change, and expect change, there is a beauty in the season.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the future's not ours to see...

There is so much going on in our world today that is negative. I get irritated with watching the news and seeing such drama the media portrays. I never really paid that much attention to it until I had Madelynne and then everything changed about my perception of the world. It is scary, out there, when all you want to do is shelter and protect your little one. Maybe I am coming to the terms with growing older and realizing that life on this great planet is limited and to make the most of it. Being a SAH mom has really caused me to think and reflect on so many different things. It hasn’t always been sweet, happy thoughts, either. I know a few weeks ago I was really concerned for the end of the world and for my daughter and future generations that have to endure such drastic changes that will continue to occur over time. I find myself getting caught up with questions about my faith and my journey as a Christian and feeling lost and not knowing who to turn to or talk to about such conflict...

The Beginning of a Journey

I have officially decided to start this blog as it will force me to write regularly, and continue to brainstorm ideas for the summer writing adventure I intend to evoke upon. Besides, my goal was to be a “best-selling author by the time I am 30”, and, well, 30 is here.  Now it’s time to take my writing more seriously. It’s one of those things that I wake up thinking about, in the middle of the day I dream about, and in the evenings, continue to ponder. I blame my lack of writing on writer’s block, which is a lame excuse for any writer out there, but honestly, I think I’m trying too hard to create the best seller and not just write. What I do know is it’s been my dream since junior high and I am not giving up on it. Even if it takes me the next year to polish, rewrite, revise, and be rejected, I intend to make this dream a reality. But I have decided to take two things to heart in regards to my writing. My cousin, Beth, commented once I got my first teaching job in Florida, to “pr...

Spring Break

Adventures always begin in the airport. I have pics of Madelynne enjoying trips and airport discoveries at Jax's age, so my focus this round to Indianapolis to visit Grandma Sue was on Jax's momentous milestone: his last "Free" ride as the lap child.  The waiting game consists of:  Being on our devices while we waste time.  Or checking out the planes parked at the terminals.  Or looking at the planes through spy holes in the seats.  Watching the workers load and unload the plane.   And flying consists of entertainment, sleep, and a few minor meltdowns: Watching Coco Holding my hand at take off.  We got to Indy the day before Easter and Grandma Sue, Aunt Kristie, and cousin Hollie had the eggs and dye ready to be decorated by the kids. Jax wasn't that interested, but Madelynne and Hollie had a blast. Getting ready to dunk hers.  Watching Aunt Kristie prep the cups with dye and vinegar.  ...