Skip to main content

Shenanigans of the Schroeder Trio

What a busy December and start to the New Year it has officially been! Since our last post, it seems to be much more of a whirlwind than expected. Our major highlight included finding out what gender the baby is going to be...


It took Madelynne sometime to warm up to the idea of having a brother, but she seems to be grasping the concept a little more each day. She is excited to help out Mom and Papa with keeping him clean, changing him, and keeping him happy. I think she will be great. She has made it clear, though, that it will always be girls vs. boys in the house, which she reminds Brad about daily. Too funny. 

We enjoyed the holidays and our small Christmas gathering of  just us. We actually had a busy week before leaving for Florida for the second half of break, which included a trip to Seattle Children's. Madelynne will have to have surgery in February on her nose to rid of a small anomaly she has had since birth. Other than that, we spent time on a play date with her friend, Isla, making Christmas cookies, attending Christmas Eve Mass, and going out to dinner, an annual Christmas Eve tradition for Brad and I. Here are highlights from Christmas. 
She loves  her dessert!

Opening presents Christmas morning

Decorating cookies

Licking her frosting fingers

She wanted three things from Santa and one was a locket. Here she is opening the locket with Papa.

Prepping the cookie dough

Cutting out the cookies
Christmas Eve Mass

For the latter part of the holidays, Madelynne and I ventured to Florida.  I had a convention for my PhD to attend in Tampa and Madelynne spent some quality time with Grandma Sue and Great-Grandma while I was in sessions during the day. Needless to say, we had a nice, relaxing and fun time. We enjoyed some shopping, the beach, and visiting friends. We also took Madelynne on her first trip to Disney World, which was a real treat. She met her favorite princess, Ariel, braved two "scary rides" (Pirates of the Carribean and The Haunted Mansion) and got to see her favorite characters in the Fantasy Parade. She lasted a whole two minutes in the car before she passed out with exhaustion...it was quite the day!

Waiting for the parade

Speechless in front of Cinderella's Castle

Waiting for the parade to pass a second time, so we could go to the Tea Cup rides

Great Grandma and Madelynne

Enjoying a smoothie after a day of shopping

Shopping with family at The Red Barn

Jumping waves with the help of Grandma Sue

Exhausted after her day at Disney

Florida Sunset

High wire act 

Giving Ariel a hug

My little mermaid at the beach

She didn't really know what to think about meeting Ariel

Malificent float---my favorite. :) 
Rocking a new dress and cowboy boots

Posing for mom

Minnie on her shoulders

Tea Cup ride with Papa

Walking Anna Marie pier

"Princess Uno"

Proud of her lizard catch

Sea bird silouhette

This was less than 2 minutes in the car after Disney



Now we're back into the swing of things with school and life, so things have been extra busy as of late. Until next time...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the future's not ours to see...

There is so much going on in our world today that is negative. I get irritated with watching the news and seeing such drama the media portrays. I never really paid that much attention to it until I had Madelynne and then everything changed about my perception of the world. It is scary, out there, when all you want to do is shelter and protect your little one. Maybe I am coming to the terms with growing older and realizing that life on this great planet is limited and to make the most of it. Being a SAH mom has really caused me to think and reflect on so many different things. It hasn’t always been sweet, happy thoughts, either. I know a few weeks ago I was really concerned for the end of the world and for my daughter and future generations that have to endure such drastic changes that will continue to occur over time. I find myself getting caught up with questions about my faith and my journey as a Christian and feeling lost and not knowing who to turn to or talk to about such conflict...

The Beginning of a Journey

I have officially decided to start this blog as it will force me to write regularly, and continue to brainstorm ideas for the summer writing adventure I intend to evoke upon. Besides, my goal was to be a “best-selling author by the time I am 30”, and, well, 30 is here.  Now it’s time to take my writing more seriously. It’s one of those things that I wake up thinking about, in the middle of the day I dream about, and in the evenings, continue to ponder. I blame my lack of writing on writer’s block, which is a lame excuse for any writer out there, but honestly, I think I’m trying too hard to create the best seller and not just write. What I do know is it’s been my dream since junior high and I am not giving up on it. Even if it takes me the next year to polish, rewrite, revise, and be rejected, I intend to make this dream a reality. But I have decided to take two things to heart in regards to my writing. My cousin, Beth, commented once I got my first teaching job in Florida, to “pr...

Spring Break

Adventures always begin in the airport. I have pics of Madelynne enjoying trips and airport discoveries at Jax's age, so my focus this round to Indianapolis to visit Grandma Sue was on Jax's momentous milestone: his last "Free" ride as the lap child.  The waiting game consists of:  Being on our devices while we waste time.  Or checking out the planes parked at the terminals.  Or looking at the planes through spy holes in the seats.  Watching the workers load and unload the plane.   And flying consists of entertainment, sleep, and a few minor meltdowns: Watching Coco Holding my hand at take off.  We got to Indy the day before Easter and Grandma Sue, Aunt Kristie, and cousin Hollie had the eggs and dye ready to be decorated by the kids. Jax wasn't that interested, but Madelynne and Hollie had a blast. Getting ready to dunk hers.  Watching Aunt Kristie prep the cups with dye and vinegar.  ...