Skip to main content

In Like a Lion...

Life is back in full swing and the Schroeder clan is back into routines of daycare and work. So far, the year has been hectic and trying, and we're only in week two. I'm hoping it levels off with some of the craziness. But we shall see.

There are new beginnings on the horizon (and no, sorry to burst the bubble of my readers, but that does not mean A) moving or B) a baby), but that will be disclosed in due time. For now, we are enjoying the restless beginning of fall in the midst of chaos. We've enjoyed the fire pit, home-brews, and picking ripe blackberries (which we made blackberry brandy out of and it is sooo good!); geocaching and a few hikes. It's been a nice few weeks.

Miss Madelynne---I'm every day so amazed by her. She is now in that full-fledged two mindset and she is expressing herself with quite an array of emotion. She is boisterous with her dramatic attitude, which includes the infamous words of "Don't" and "Stop", as if she were a teenager defying their parents. Does this happen already? Her stories are fun to try and decipher. I'm much better at it then Brad. He is always asking me how I can possibly understand anything she says. Sometimes I wonder myself, but somehow I get pretty close. She has received many compliments from her new daycare provider about her kindness and intelligence, and we link that to her eagerness to read and learn. I hope that continues. She also has many friends she talks about at the end of the day, and they are all "My so-and-so." She truly loves her one friend, Aggy, who she takes care of every time she is there, including making sure Aggy has all her needs met. Aggy is one, so this shows her maternal instinct, like she does with her babies, at home. We've recognized that her attention span has become longer, which she has sat through a few Disney movies. I think Brad likes to watch them more than her, because, even when she gets bored and walks away, he wants to finish them. It's quite funny. But she keeps us entertained. She also has a new toy: a trampoline, so she is persistent in wanting us to "Jump, Mama!"

This Saturday I'll be running my first 5K. I'm pretty proud of myself for training and prepping for this. I've always been a part-time runner, but have decided to do this as a way of saying if I can do this, I can do anything. It may be the motivation I need to do my triathlon.

I'm still plugging away on my PhD. That seems to suck me dry the most, but I'm hoping at least 2 more years. Come January, I'm going to powerhouse it back to 2 classes/quarter, so I can get the dissertation piece. I'm ready. I think I will also be tackling my National Boards about the same time, so, albeit time consuming, it'll be worth it in the long run.

Enjoy some pics from the past few weeks. Hopefully I can post in the weeks to come, but may be on a slight hiatus until the end of October.

Until Next Time!
Before the kids arrive...

Hipster in training (no, it is not coffee)

Harbor Seal

Shutter speed fun on our hike 

Sweater(shirt) weather


Mt. Baker at Sunrise

Fungi

Play 



Another morning sunrise pic

tea party

Fresh blackberries

Fuzzy caterpillar 

Jump!


Helping Papa man the fire pit

Homebrew

Cooking dinner

Saturday morning cartoons

Brad's eyes

Sunrise over the Strait

My taste tester



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the future's not ours to see...

There is so much going on in our world today that is negative. I get irritated with watching the news and seeing such drama the media portrays. I never really paid that much attention to it until I had Madelynne and then everything changed about my perception of the world. It is scary, out there, when all you want to do is shelter and protect your little one. Maybe I am coming to the terms with growing older and realizing that life on this great planet is limited and to make the most of it. Being a SAH mom has really caused me to think and reflect on so many different things. It hasn’t always been sweet, happy thoughts, either. I know a few weeks ago I was really concerned for the end of the world and for my daughter and future generations that have to endure such drastic changes that will continue to occur over time. I find myself getting caught up with questions about my faith and my journey as a Christian and feeling lost and not knowing who to turn to or talk to about such conflict...

The Beginning of a Journey

I have officially decided to start this blog as it will force me to write regularly, and continue to brainstorm ideas for the summer writing adventure I intend to evoke upon. Besides, my goal was to be a “best-selling author by the time I am 30”, and, well, 30 is here.  Now it’s time to take my writing more seriously. It’s one of those things that I wake up thinking about, in the middle of the day I dream about, and in the evenings, continue to ponder. I blame my lack of writing on writer’s block, which is a lame excuse for any writer out there, but honestly, I think I’m trying too hard to create the best seller and not just write. What I do know is it’s been my dream since junior high and I am not giving up on it. Even if it takes me the next year to polish, rewrite, revise, and be rejected, I intend to make this dream a reality. But I have decided to take two things to heart in regards to my writing. My cousin, Beth, commented once I got my first teaching job in Florida, to “pr...

Spring Break

Adventures always begin in the airport. I have pics of Madelynne enjoying trips and airport discoveries at Jax's age, so my focus this round to Indianapolis to visit Grandma Sue was on Jax's momentous milestone: his last "Free" ride as the lap child.  The waiting game consists of:  Being on our devices while we waste time.  Or checking out the planes parked at the terminals.  Or looking at the planes through spy holes in the seats.  Watching the workers load and unload the plane.   And flying consists of entertainment, sleep, and a few minor meltdowns: Watching Coco Holding my hand at take off.  We got to Indy the day before Easter and Grandma Sue, Aunt Kristie, and cousin Hollie had the eggs and dye ready to be decorated by the kids. Jax wasn't that interested, but Madelynne and Hollie had a blast. Getting ready to dunk hers.  Watching Aunt Kristie prep the cups with dye and vinegar.  ...