Skip to main content

Motivation and Resolutions!

My friend, Erika, posted a blog about choosing a word for the year and I decided to accept the same challenge. I decided my word of 2012 is Motivation. I chose this word because I was in such a slump last year with all the crazy events that happened that I needed a mental facelift.

So I’m motivated to be the best mom possible to Madelynne and enjoy the next 7 months until she turns 1, because, *hopefully*, by that time, I will be starting a new teaching job. J Ways in which I've done this already, have been attending local mom groups, such as Little Angels through our church and the library has a baby reading program, as well. I’m also enrolling the two of us into a swim class come February and did Baby Massage for 5 weeks, which was fun!

I’m also motivated to keep up with my diet and exercise regime. I joined Weight Watchers Online, which transformed my life 3 years ago. I figured, it forced me to be accountable and it allowed me some wiggle room with my eating, so I never felt guilty. I’ve put together a pretty rigorous workout routine of swimming 45 minutes on Mon/Wed mornings and running on Tues, Thurs, and either Fri or Sat. The running depends on the weather. Madelynne loves the runs and the weather is pretty mild here, so bundling her up and plopping her in the jogging stroller works.

I’m *trying* to stay motivated with training the dog’s. This is quite the task, as sometimes I get to it and sometimes I don’t. My biggest feat is to be consistent with the training. I want them to just chillax more, and not be crazy, as they sometimes can be. Compared to my folk’s dog, I’m a bit jealous, and our kiddos need be better behaved. Basic commands are simple, it’s just little things, like Noelle’s jumping and being hyper around new people.

Another motivation for this year (and the next two) is to continue to pay off and get out of debt. Therefore, really looking hard core for a new job is my motivator. I sway a little on this because Brad loves his job here in P.A. and it is the only thing really keeping us around here, but we cannot live off unemployment and an adjunct salary forever. Granted, love the time I get to spend with Maddie, but unemployment will run out and then we will be a rut. So here is to a new beginning come August!

My last inkling in motivation is to keep to my resolutions which are all of the above, PLUS, my doctorate work, less TV/social media so I’m not so “obsessed” (lots of GREAT stuff out there, too, to keep me distracted), read a book a month, and WRITE. The OCD side of me has created mini-daily to-do lists. I feel accomplished if I get through them all. I have this app on my phone where I simply check off as I go. This keeps me completely “on task” and is a great way to keep me from going astray. J

So, there you have it! My “motivators” to stay “motivated”!

In the world of Madelynne, she turned 5 months today. Her 4 month milestones included turning over one time, and now she has the rock and roll, from side to side, going. Sooner or later she will turning completely over. She has really discovered her voice and how to control volume, which is pretty hysterical. She also has discovered her feet and loves to sit up. She is so close to sitting up on her own, but she would prefer to just topple over, if she’s not in her little Bumbo seat.  She loves tummy time for about 10 minutes and then gets frustrated because she can’t go anywhere. She also loves her Step ‘N Play toy because she makes music, can watch the dogs and cats and laugh hysterically at anything they do, and can spin herself around 360°. Pretty amazing how much she has accomplished in a little over a month and how much she has changed, too.

So, with that, I am motivated to get my butt ready for church! Until next time…

Watching the dogs play

Pigtails

After pigtails

Tummy time!

Baby Ballerina 

Sitting Up in her Bumbo

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For the future's not ours to see...

There is so much going on in our world today that is negative. I get irritated with watching the news and seeing such drama the media portrays. I never really paid that much attention to it until I had Madelynne and then everything changed about my perception of the world. It is scary, out there, when all you want to do is shelter and protect your little one. Maybe I am coming to the terms with growing older and realizing that life on this great planet is limited and to make the most of it. Being a SAH mom has really caused me to think and reflect on so many different things. It hasn’t always been sweet, happy thoughts, either. I know a few weeks ago I was really concerned for the end of the world and for my daughter and future generations that have to endure such drastic changes that will continue to occur over time. I find myself getting caught up with questions about my faith and my journey as a Christian and feeling lost and not knowing who to turn to or talk to about such conflict...

The Beginning of a Journey

I have officially decided to start this blog as it will force me to write regularly, and continue to brainstorm ideas for the summer writing adventure I intend to evoke upon. Besides, my goal was to be a “best-selling author by the time I am 30”, and, well, 30 is here.  Now it’s time to take my writing more seriously. It’s one of those things that I wake up thinking about, in the middle of the day I dream about, and in the evenings, continue to ponder. I blame my lack of writing on writer’s block, which is a lame excuse for any writer out there, but honestly, I think I’m trying too hard to create the best seller and not just write. What I do know is it’s been my dream since junior high and I am not giving up on it. Even if it takes me the next year to polish, rewrite, revise, and be rejected, I intend to make this dream a reality. But I have decided to take two things to heart in regards to my writing. My cousin, Beth, commented once I got my first teaching job in Florida, to “pr...

Spring Break

Adventures always begin in the airport. I have pics of Madelynne enjoying trips and airport discoveries at Jax's age, so my focus this round to Indianapolis to visit Grandma Sue was on Jax's momentous milestone: his last "Free" ride as the lap child.  The waiting game consists of:  Being on our devices while we waste time.  Or checking out the planes parked at the terminals.  Or looking at the planes through spy holes in the seats.  Watching the workers load and unload the plane.   And flying consists of entertainment, sleep, and a few minor meltdowns: Watching Coco Holding my hand at take off.  We got to Indy the day before Easter and Grandma Sue, Aunt Kristie, and cousin Hollie had the eggs and dye ready to be decorated by the kids. Jax wasn't that interested, but Madelynne and Hollie had a blast. Getting ready to dunk hers.  Watching Aunt Kristie prep the cups with dye and vinegar.  ...